Netinary solutions have been designed and developed to answer the wireless peculiarities in the operator context. It is based on an open architecture which gives : flexibility of evolution, portability, ease of integration of new component, adaptability…
Netinary products meet the critical needs of the operators :
- Control of the network security
- Management of the quality of service management (QOS, modular bandwidth allocation)
- Integration into the current system (LDAP connectors, Radius,...)
- Dynamic roaming
And helps to manage the users :
- Ergonomics and ease of connection (IP zero configuration)
- Multiple methods of authentication (captive portals, EAP SIM, 802.1x, MAC address,…)
- Control and assign access rights based on a notion of profile
The deployment of a complete multi sites MultiBox solution is based on several network elements responsible for :
- The management of the Data plan deployed on the site or in the operator’s NOC. The products that can be used are the Site MultiBox (SMB), the Embedded MultiBox (EMB) and the Local MultiBox (LMB).
- The management of the Control plan by a Central MultiBox and a Roaming MultiBox deployed in the operator’s NOC in order to controle the access and the billing of the service.
- The management of the legal interception by a Legal Intercept MultiBox
- The logs management of the sites, centralized and operated for the support team by the Manager MultiBox
The Site MultiBox (SMB) is an access controler that provides all the tools necessary to manage the user session of a public Hotspot service. The SMB is necessarily interfaced to a central access server (Central MultiBox, Roaming MultiBox) of which it gets the rules to be applied to users. The SMB can be deployed in a centralized way (centralized SMB) to manage the small HotSpots or on site (SMB) to manage big HotSpots.
Example : Paris Expo use a SMB to manage the hostpots in the exhibition halls, with a second SMB in failover mode for the high availability.
The Embedded Multibox (EMB) is a lighter version of the Site MultiBox, to be used on embedded devices to deploy low costs sites
Example : hotspots for fast food chains, cafes,...
The Central MultiBox (CMB) is an access server which aim is to pilote access controlers (SMB or equivalent) deployed on site. Its principal mission are :
- authentication and accounting of the subscribers
- management of the access controlers on site (Radius dialogue)
- legal requirements management
- management of the sites and the connection policy per site
The Central MultiBox (CMB) purpose is to host its own subscriber database (AAA server).
The Roaming MultiBox (RMB) purpose is to manage the agreements of partnership between the operators by interfacing several AAA servers of different users. Its main aim is :
- the management of the interconnection between roaming partners
- the management of the roamings allowed per site
- the adaptation of parameters between operators
On this basic architecture, you can add several functions to enrich the service :
- Management of the billing by credit card done by a deployment of a software on the CMB or a Web server linked to the CMB
- Management of the SMS (sending/reception) done by a deployment of a software on the CMB or a Web server linked to the CMB.
- Centralized management of the access controlers’ logs (Manager MultiBox)
- Devices monitoring
- Management of the legal interceptions (Legal Intecept MultiBox) on rogatory commission through a soft and hard deployment realized ONLY in the operator’s NOC
Legal interception server
The legal interception solution (Legal Intercept MultiBox) allows to archive all the user flow in a central base in order to provide those information to the french justice, under rogatory commission.
NETINARY is the only one company to offer a solution actually complying with the law for true wiretap (under rogatory commission) of a particular user (all other competitors offer logs storage only).
Manager MultiBox functions
The MultiBox Manager purpose is to manage and correlate, in a centralized way and in real time, all equipments logs located on a site. This solution is an efficient and synthetic analysis tool for the support teams.
Netinary also commercializes its products in an ASP mode for the operators.